Furniture storage problems and solutions
People opt for storing furniture due to many reasons. In some cases, they need a secure place where they can place their stuff until the end of their home renovation. Others are getting ready to relocate to a new home and keep their items stored until they move. These are only some of the reasons why you too should consider placing some of your furniture pieces inside a storage facility. However, before doing this, it is necessary to inform yourself about furniture storage problems and solutions so that you don’t have to deal with them! Luckily, you are in the right place. We are here to help you store your furniture the right way. All you have to do is keep reading and, if it is necessary, write a couple of things down.
Storing furniture isn’t as simple as it sounds. You can’t just take some off your stuff and toss them in the storage unit while hoping they will stay intact during the storing period! In short, everything you want to store needs to be prepared for this and the unit you choose needs to be chosen the right way. Worry not, we will do our best to help you store your furniture the right way.
Thinking about storing furniture? Here is what you need to know!
There are many benefits to renting a storage unit! Being able to store some of the belongings you own is very convenient, especially when moving with apartment movers Fort Worth to a home that’s is smaller than the one in which you currently live. By placing your extra furniture inside the storage unit, you won’t have to get rid of your favorite pieces even though you don’t have room for them in your new home.
So, if you have decided to store some of your belongings, you will have to do it the right way. One of the thirst things you will need to ask yourself is what kind of storage company should you use. There are many types of storage units and different companies offer different storage solutions! You can get a:
- climate-controlled or a non-climate controlled storage unit
- long term or short term storage
- storage unit for perishables and non-perishables
- small, medium, or big storage unit, etc.
Your goal will be to determine your needs and to choose a storage solution that suits you and your needs the most! Also, before you rent a storage unit, make sure to thoroughly inspect it. Even if it is slightly damaged or it isn’t well-maintained, don’t rent it. Finding a quality storage unit is almost the same as finding reliable movers in Rockwall TX. You will have to check the company’s info, compare different companies and their services, and check online ratings and reviews.
Learn about furniture storage problems and solutions to store the right way!
So, you have learned how to choose a proper storage unit, now let’s focus on furniture storage problems and solutions. Learn from other people’s mistakes and you will manage to keep your furniture safe and secure during the storing period.
The most common furniture storage problems and their solutions
- You have hurt your back while placing furniture in a storage unit. This is one of the most common furniture storage problems. This is why it is so important to learn the proper lifting technique before moving heavy furniture. Or simply, ask some of your strong friends to help you store.
- Your furniture is ruined because of mold. If you have chosen a well-maintained storage unit, it is your fault that you have to deal with a mold problem. One of the main reasons why mold appears in the storage unit is because of storing items that are wet. It is important to clean everything you want to store, but it is also important to dry them.
- Unwanted guests ruined your favorite furniture pieces. These things can happen due to many reasons. For example, you have stored your favorite couch but you haven’t vacuumed it. Even though you can’t see them, there are probably food crumbs all over it! That is how you attract rodents and other unwanted guests. apart from cleaning furniture that you want to store, make some natural insect repellents to keep them away, too.
- There is no room for everything you want to store even though you have carefully chosen the storage unit’s size. As we have already told you, storage units come in various sizes. If your storage company has helped you chose the unit that suits you the most and you still can’t fit everything inside, then you are doing something wrong. In most cases, this happens if you avoid disassembling your furniture before storage.
- Not knowing how to organize items inside the storage unit. You can’t just toss all of your furniture inside the storage you have rented! You will need to organize it and keep it that way. To do so, make sure to place larger pieces at the end of your storage and to stack lighter items on top od heavy ones, and not vice versa!
Additional tips for storing furniture properly
Do you want to learn more about storage solutions and storing tips? Or maybe you are in search of quality storage facilities in Texas? If so, make sure to get in touch with us today and we will gladly provide you with the necessary information about furniture storage problems and solutions! We have been in the moving industry long enough to learn what is necessary for moving and storing items the right way. So, if you chose our facilities, you can be sure that all of your possessions will be safe and secure during the storing period!
We, at Small World Moving TX, are looking forward to hearing from you!