How to Determine the Time Your Move Will Take
In order to determine the time your move will take, you will have to make an ultimate checklist. There are four stages and they include preparation, packing, relocating and settling in. Your professional movers Lewisville TX will help you to relocate your household in just one day, but in reality, the whole moving process takes 6-10 weeks. So, how to determine the time your move will take? Let’s find out!
Determine the Time Your Move Will Take – How long should it take?
Everything depends on how do you actually are looking at the problem. To move your house fully, it can take one day only or it can even go up to ten weeks to finish the process completely. If you want to calculate the time of the move on a moving day, you should count the number of packed boxes, the distance between your old and new home and the number of movers you have hired to help with the move. If you hire any of the moving companies Irving TX, the time of the relocation won’t take longer than 8 hours. However, the moving process includes four stages, preparation, packing, relocation and settling in. In order to complete these stages and fully move a household, you will need 6-10 weeks.
The moving day won’t take much of your time. It usually takes 4-8 hours and depends on the size of the household, the distance between point A and point B and the number of the movers you are hiring for the job. You will roughly need a half or even a full day to transport all of your belongings. Don’t forget to make a packing supplies checklist before you start packing. However, if you want to determine the time your move will take, you should answer these questions:
- The type and size of property that you live in?
- The traveling distance between your old and new place?
- Moving on your own or hiring a professional mover?
The Type And Size Of Property That You Live In?
The time of the relocation process on a moving day depends on the size and type of property that you live in. Do you live in a studio apartment? It requires the least amount of work and it will take around 2-4 hours to fully pack and relocate a small studio apartment. Apartments, on the other hand, will require multiple trips with an elevator, which will require more time to relocate. Roughly, you will need between 4-6 hours to move a two-bedroom apartment. When it comes to the house, your professional mover will have to deal with hallways, attics, basement, and staircases. Moving a three-bedroom house will take 6-8 hours. However, choosing the right moving boxes will help to speed up your packing process. Therefore, you should gather packing boxes at least a month before the moving day comes.
Determine the Time Your Move Will Take – Consider Traveling Distance
How much time will it take to travel from point A to point B? Think of the traffic, the number of back and forth trips that you are going to make and the vehicle size that you are planning to rent(hire). Getting a big moving truck will reduce the number of trips because you will be able to fit in more of your belongings. If you are relocating everything on your own, you should also know how to pack a moving truck properly!
Hire A Professional Mover
Whether you are making a long-distance move or moving locally, it’s highly recommended to hire a professional mover. The professional mover’s team will drastically reduce the time of the relocation. Team of professionals know how to properly lift a load without getting injured, they will also protect, pack and relocate all your belongings fast and efficiently. If you don’t know any good mover, ask your friends for recommendations, compare quotes and read the reviews online before you decide to hire someone.
The Act Of Moving
If you are counting the time from the day one when you found out about the move, and the last one, when you unpacked and sorted the last item at your new home, you will need between 6-10 weeks to finish the moving process. Maybe this sounds drastic, but it includes these stages:
- Preparation – The first thing you should do is to let the right people know. Inform your real estate agent and landlord about the move. Cancel or transfer your utilities and clear your calendar and get some time off from work so you can dedicate to the move completely. Hire a professional moving company in time! This stage of the process takes 4-6 weeks.
- Packing – Packing takes the most of the time during the moving process. To reduce the moving stress, you should declutter your household at least a month before the move. Throw away old and rusty items from your attic and basement. Donate or give away items in good condition that you are not planning to use anymore. Start packing seasonal clothes as soon as you can! Packing will take 2-4 weeks.
- Moving! The moving process will take one day, more or less! However, don’t forget to clean the house and schedule an inspection with your real estate agent before you move out.
- Settling in! The hardest part of the relocation is over. Now it’s time to unpack, redecorate, renovate and furnish your new home. The process of settling in will take 1-2 weeks.
As we already said, how will you determine the time your move will take depends on the way you are approaching the problem. It can take a day or ten weeks. You should definitely hire a professional mover to reduce the time of the move. Best of luck!