Finding a suitable storage unit in Rockwall: how to
Storage units are seeing more and more usage. And it is understandable, given their convenient nature, affordability, and accessibility. Especially when you’re moving or downsizing. In these two cases, storage units are a necessity. Fortunately, finding a suitable storage unit in Rockwall is easy. Relocation and need for storage units often go hand-in-hand. Therefore your best bet is finding a company that provides exceptional services of moving and storage Dallas and surrounding areas can offer. Undoubtedly, reputable companies will offer great storage options to you. But how do you know if they will fit your needs?
Choose the right size of a storage unit
The first step on the road of safely storing your items is choosing the right size of the storage unit. This is most important for the cost-effectiveness. If you’re storing only one box, you certainly don’t need lots of space. On the other hand, you might be packing your entire five-bedroom house. Unless you’d want a separate unit for each room, you will be better off renting one large storage. That’s exactly why planning is the key to finding a suitable storage unit in Rockwall. And you should do it well before movers Allen TX transport your belongings.
How to decide on the size?
It is pretty simple. There are only two things you need to consider when you’re choosing a suitable storage unit in Rockwall:
- How many items you’re storing? This is best done by taking an inventory. That way, you’ll have a clear picture of the volume of your belongings. And from there on, you will choose with ease. Just don’t forget to add packaging to your calculation. Boxes may be thin, but if there are a lot of them, they can take a fair bit of useful space.
- How long will you be storing them? If you’re only going to store your belongings for a short period, it won’t matter how neat and tidy you will pack them. However, if the period will be significant, you will have to be mindful of ventilation and accessibility. In this case, you will have to leave some space between your items, so as not to obstruct the airflow in the storage unit. And if you’ll require frequent access to some of the items, it will be best to place them in front of the other, less used ones.
Storage unit sizes
In most cases, the size of the storage unit determines the type of items that can be stored inside. And we can split them into three categories:
- Small units have the size of 5’x5′ or 5’x10′. They are suitable for items such as clothing or archived documents. Even some smaller pieces of furniture, like chairs or coffee tables, can find their way in.
- Medium storage units are 7.5’x10′ or 10’x10′. Inside you will be able to fit a small apartment worth of furniture, along with appliances.
- Large storage units range in size from 10’x15′ to 10’x30′. This means that our movers in Rockwall TX can help you store pretty much your entire household in them. And we are not exaggerating. They are huge.
As a final note
Not all items require the same method of storage. Some of them are extremely sensitive to temperature fluctuations. Items like paintings or electronics can be severely damaged if the temperature gets too high or low. These items, more than any, require you to find a suitable storage unit in Rockwell. So, our final recommendation: don’t rush. Take your time and do your research. After all, storage units’ purpose is to keep your belongings safe.