How to save money for moving supplies
Whether you are preparing for the local move or a long-distance one, the moving process cost. Therefore, you should create a moving budget, a checklist and hire movers in Irving TX as soon as possible. But, did you know before how to save money for moving supplies? If not, we have prepared a small guide on how to save money for moving supplies during the relocation. So, let’s begin!
Save money for moving supplies – How to do it?
The moving process preparations are exhausting and last for at least a few months. You have to think of thousands and thousands of things in order to go through the moving process smoothly and without any problem. Hiring a professional movers Frisco TX is one of the best choices that you can make, especially if you are preparing for a long-distance relocation. However, there are plenty of other things that you will have to take care of, such as canceling or transferring your utilities, searching for a good school, check the job market and find a perfect place to live.
And as you already know, the moving process cost. Therefore, you should try and save money for moving supplies at least! Let’s see what do you have to do in order to save money for moving supplies:
- Think of how much supplies do you need?
- Don’t buy boxes, rent them!
- Save money for moving supplies – Find free moving boxes and packing supplies
- Declutter and organize a yard sale!
- Get creative!
Think of how much supplies do you need?
Before you buy all moving supplies from the store, sit down, get a paper and a pen and create a packing supplies checklist. No more or less! If you have original boxes that you can pack your electronics in, that’s wonderful, use them! If you are one of the people who like to order items on the internet, start gathering the boxes that you are receiving ordered items in and make a stash for your upcoming relocation. Do you see? If you start gathering boxes at least two months before your relocation, you will have plenty!
Don’t buy boxes, rent them!
Why would you buy moving boxes when you can rent them? Isn’t that simple? Instead of wandering around and searching for the specific amount and perfect sizes of the moving boxes, you can simply rent them! Contact your professional mover and ask to rent moving boxes and containers from them. Besides, if you rent boxes and containers you won’t have to deal with cardboard clutter and think what to do with all those leftover packing materials after the relocation.
Save money for moving supplies – Find free moving boxes and packing supplies
If you start searching well in advance, you will be able to find plenty of free cardboard boxes and free packing supplies too. What do you have to do? There are a lot of stores and offices around you, right? Of course! Head out and ask in nearby stores if they have some spare cardboard boxes to give you. You should do this at least a week or two before the move so you can gather enough free boxes and packing materials.
Declutter and organize a yard sale!
Cleaning clutter from our home is something that everyone should perform annually and the relocation process is the perfect time for that! And why is decluttering important in this situation? The fewer items you have to relocate, the less moving supplies you will have to gather. Getting rid of some items will also reduce the moving costs because every moving company charges by weight and if you throw away or donate unnecessary items there will be fewer things to move to your new location.
If you are planning to organize a yard sale, you should announce it well in advance. Put a price tag on each item, get early in the morning, take all the items out and you are ready for business. After all, you will get some money back! Isn’t that wonderful?
There’s a possibility that you already have plenty of items that can serve as packing supplies right in front of you. These are some common things that you can use instead of wasting money on packing supplies and moving boxes:
- Duffle bags and suitcases. Pack your clothes, sheets, pillows or even dishes in the suitcases. Suitcases have wheels so they are very handy and useful if you want to transport heavy items.
- Dresser drawers. Nobody said that you have to empty all of your drawers for the relocation, right? You can use your drawers as packing containers! Pack your clothes inside, close the drawers and use plastic wrap to secure them. Don’t forget that packing all the items inside will make them super heavy so you will need proper moving equipment for the transport.
- Garbage bags. They are excellent for hauling your belongings. You should use heavy-duty garbage bags to transport your books and regular ones to transport your toys, clothes, hangers and so on. Remember, don’t use garbage bags for fragile items!
- Towels, linens and clothing. These soft items are going with you anyway, right? Why wouldn’t you use them as packing supplies too?! Good idea! Instead of using packing paper or plastic wrap, you can use towels and linens to protect fragile items and wrap sharp ones.
- Stickers and markers. Packing and unpacking take the most of the time during the moving process. Therefore, you should use the markers and stickers and mark each box after sealing it. Write down what each box contains and where does it belong and your unpacking process will be fast and smooth.
Follow this useful guide, save money for moving supplies! Best of luck!